Call Now for Common Sense in Texas!
Millions of Texans who can’t afford costly health coverage go uninsured. Despite widespread support for a Medicaid solution to help close our coverage gap, some state lawmakers continue to stand in opposition.
Call both of your legislators today and tell them:
I support Medicaid expansion and you should too!
(Find your legislative district.)
Call toll-free: 1-866-823-4787
Follow the instructions and enter your district number when requested. Here are some points to make in your call, or just tell your lawmaker how you feel:
I am your constituent, and I ask you to support Medicaid expansion in Texas.
* Over 1.5 million Texans will get health coverage through the expansion, dramatically cutting the state’s uninsured rate.
* This won't cost the state anything for the first three years, and we will never pay more than 10% in the future.
* Texas will get $23.9 billion from the federal government during the next four years to expand Medicaid
* The added economic boost from expanded health coverage will generate an estimated
231,000 jobs in Texas by 2016.
* Expanding Medicaid health coverage to low-wage families makes sense, since
minor illnesses will be treated before they turn into costly medical problems
that all Texans pay for.
After you've made your call, sign on to our petition if you haven't already to reiterate your support for Medicaid Expansion.
Illustrating the urgency of this matter, this morning the Governor and selected lawmakers publicized their intent to reject billions from the federal government that would help cover over 1.5 million Texans. Today at 12:30 p.m. San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro and Representative Joaquin Castro (D-Texas) and supporting organizations are responding to this announcement.
Help us spread the word and
make your calls for common sense in Texas.